Reporting directly to the Program Manager, the Project Manager will support the Program Manager on project managing application related projects. The Project Manager will maintain and manage the Project Management Plan and track project status and budget. The Project Manager will work with stakeholders in Business and IT to develop project scope, business requirements, schedule and budget. In addition, the Project Manager will maintain all administrative files and other governing documents. This position can be located in San Diego, CA, San Jose, CA, or Colorado Springs, CO.
- Comprehension, understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field of Project Management and related fields. Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Requires application of advanced skills attained via years of experience towards solving complex issues and problems. May act as project representative from the PMO Group in the resolution of problems / issues encountered across multiple functions / functional groups which require a coordinated response.
- Performs independent work assignments based on objectives determined by others. Significant leeway is established to determine the best individual approach to achieve stated objectives.
- Provides guidance on task completion by more junior team members and may also review and check their work assignments.
- Follow project methodology compliance standards set by the company or per project management best practices including but not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of a consolidated project plan
- Update and maintain project management artifacts; partner with resource managers to align resources
- Tracking project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Management of project-level risks and interdependencies
- Prepare, manage and facilitate project review meetings (monthly, weekly, ad-hoc)
- Developing required communications
- Building additional presentations as required
- Managing the Change Request process
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in a PM role managing concurrent IT, Manufacturing and Business Application projects.
- Project management experience in a highly matrixed organizations.
- Experience communicating at various levels within an organization
- Previous experience as a project manager working in an SDLC environment
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- 25% travel requirement
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Preferred Skill Set
- PMP Certification
- Experience with Cloud / SaaS solutions
- Defense Industry experience