Job ID 01293952
As part of Carrier Digital transformation, we are looking for a candidate to empower its businesses with a secure, scalable, and reliable foundation for application hosting and transformation. Carrier seeks to establish a premier hosting strategy for its businesses that meets these needs across the globe.
The Associate Director of Cloud & Hosting Operations will be responsible for the health, hygiene, and maintenance of a large scale production system with high efficiency and availability utilizing a combination of software and systems engineering practices. This role will work hand-in-hand with engineering and architecture teams to identify and convey opportunities for continuous improvement of the environment and reduction of alerts.
The Associate Director of Cloud & Hosting Operations will be responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of DevOps engineers providing standardization through automation, including resource and tool deployment and maintenance
- Maintain world-class SLAs related to business processes and performance (e.g. Time to Provision services, Backup success rates, etc.)
- Troubleshoot issues with Windows or Linux OS, Azure PaaS Services (SQL, Storage Accounts, etc.)
- Tests, certifies and documents equipment installation procedures
- Responsible for compute administration and service level monitoring
- Completes hosting utilization analysis and recommendations, with ongoing measurement of performance against established baselines
- Maintains ongoing documentation of physical assets, logical topographies, policies and procedures
- Completes troubleshooting, fault detection, isolation, repair and restoration across the hosting environment.
- Performs routine moves, adds and changes
- Provides on-prem and virtual capacity analysis
- Work with service providers and business units to ensure high availability within the hosting environment
Education / Certifications
Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related fields
- Demonstrates strong technical capability, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding across infrastructure components (server, storage, backup, and applications)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with team members from around the world to define and execute IT projects
- Experience working with off-shore models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, works well with teams and conflict
- Demonstrates leadership and collaboration skills, and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and demonstrates ability to perform root cause analyses
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- You should have demonstrated leadership of successful process development and implementation that spans organizational boundaries.
- Strong interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication.
- Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is critical.