As the world around us becomes more connected and more digital, there are increased opportunities for fraud and disruption due to cybersecurity attacks. The need for companies, products, and services to be secure is more important than ever in this constantly changing landscape.
Are you passionate about keeping good people safe from bad actors? We are too! We are HP Cybersecurity and we are tasked with the security of the HP enterprise. As HP continues our digital transformation, the work of the cybersecurity professional is never complete and is always interesting. Come be a part of making a difference with us!
The HP Cybersecurity Project Manager is responsible for managing and supporting key projects focused on hardening HP’s environment against cyberattacks. Collaboration with teams across Cybersecurity, IT disciplines, and business units is required to help provide protection to HP’s critical assets. The successful applicant will possess strong analytical and project management skills. Cybersecurity skills are desired. Frequently contributes to the collaborative development of new ideas and methods. Exercises significant independent judgement with broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishment work and achieving objectives. Implements project governance to keep stakeholders informed of project status, issues, and risk.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 8+ years in project management fundamentals/ project management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate, influence, support and drive people towards the common project goals in an environment of conflicting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a passion for collaboration.
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Ability to build, manage, support and influence virtual teams.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Understanding of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Framework
- Knowledge and understanding of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/ scrum) and tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, Service Now)
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure.
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills.
- Conflict-resolution skills.
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all relevant parties.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
- Provide time/resource estimates for assigned projects. May develop innovative solutions to support and provide guidance to complex business and technology problems.
- Project timeline / deliverable milestone management
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Experience in enterprise, global environments required.
- Experience with packaged or custom business application systems required.
- PMP/PMI certification required
- Detailed oriented, Life Learner, Growth mindset and Team Player
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
We are 55,000 HP employees, united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Interested in joining us? Let’s talk.