TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. This includes managing, updating and changing infrastructure within our state of the art data centers to meet the needs of our clients.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. The infrastructure team is building self-service and low-touch infrastructure utilities that enable building the internal SaaS offerings.
The Data Center Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Data Center Services (DCS) team. The DCS team is responsible for the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all hardware/equipment. This individual will oversee and plan customer-cabling projects, troubleshoot server/network/storage systems and design structured cabling systems. The work environment is fast paced and deadline-oriented where adaptability is key to our success as a team, thus having depth knowledge of managing large-scale data center environments is necessary.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Extreme oversight of incidents, problem tickets and change controls in a fast-paced and complex data center environment to reduce risk and utilize safe times for repair and change.
- Responsible for all data center related hardware installation, configuration, troubleshooting (Intel/Linux/Unix/Network/Mainframe), upgrades (firmware), and optimization. Must have experience with Intel based / Blade & Rack Server Hardware support.
- Responsible for all data center activities - the installation of all customer computer equipment (racks, servers, data switches, data cabling, and power).
- Plan, document, manage and evaluate performance of staff. Provide for technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training.
Lead Manager, Infrastructure Operations->> Manages a small team responsible for hardware installation, configuration, and optimization. Advises on appropriate procedures for executing on configuration issues. Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Manages implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations. Implements, integrates and provides full support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine middleware platform selection, efficient transaction design, use and recovery procedures in line with business requirements. Manages and tracks staffing on projects to ensure that initiatives are implemented in an efficient manner. Manages the integration of new technologies into the company environment. Works in conjunction with the Senior Manager to coordinate with necessary vendors. Collects data on infrastructure projects and performance for senior management to evaluate. Participates in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of infrastructure operations team members, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Manages a small infrastructure operations team. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Six or more (6+) years of experience in data center managing technical teams, team leads or engineers.
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix system administration and networking, working in data centers and building out infrastructure.
- Experience with designing structured cabling systems (with in-depth knowledge of copper/fiber cabling).