World Wide Technology, LLC. is growing at a compound annual rate of 20% and leverages IT to differentiate from our competition. WWT currently has an opening for a Director of IT Application Delivery at our headquarters in St. Louis MO. This is a full-time position, which will lead the development teams in WWT's IT Department. The position will report to the Vice President of Information Technology and be a member of the IT Senior Leadership Team.
The Director of IT Application Delivery is responsible for leading the Application Delivery team comprised of 100+ people with specific responsibility for building or configuring, maintaining or enhancing, and eventually decommissioning applications or products through the life cycle. Oracle EBS is the foundation to our technology architecture integrated with commercial and custom developed software to provide innovative solutions to our employees, customers and partners. We are a fast-paced organization looking for leaders that are capable of working outside the traditional boundaries of their role to fill gaps within the organization and develop professionally.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Work with VP of IT and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Direct responsibility for Oracle, Java, Application Integration, UI/UX, .Net, SalesForce and ServiceNow development teams.
- Work with product management to implement and estimate effort and project delivery timeframes for application product roadmaps.
- Guide the growth and development of team members in both technical and non-technical areas as it relates to their job duties and future development.
- Provide regular and consistent feedback to the team in matters relating to team/individual performance and growth.
- Work in conjunction with the department VP to set goals and track performance of the team using existing performance metrics.
- Manage team leadership in a manner that provides the necessary focus on daily responsibilities, project work and strategy development.
- Provide thought leadership in platform rationalization strategy, development organization structure and alignment.
- Coach team members and peers on issues such as resource conflicts, communication gaps, leadership development, in order to enhance the quality of your management team.
- Advocate for projects that provide material impacts to the effectiveness and efficiency of the development teams.
- Drive recruiting strategies, employee onboarding programs and retention processes for top talent.
- Advocate innovative approaches to solutions and to the application delivery process itself to advance the competitive advantage of WWT.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Managing a team of at least 75 members in application products development, implementation or management.
- Experience managing in an organization primarily using Agile development methodologies.
- 10+ years in an Information Technology and/or business leadership role.
- Experience with Oracle EBS or another major ERP system a plus.
- Customer service approach across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Results and goals oriented with excellent work ethic, self-motivated and demonstrable experience managing through conflict.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong business acumen and willingness to learn WWT's business processes.
- Passion for innovation and proven track record of inspiring teams to innovate and collaborate.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with peers in IT and business units to align development work/objectives with corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to explain the benefits of Software Development best practices around Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and negotiation skills required.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled