Our client is a non-profit property and casualty insurance collective focused on supporting key organizations within the city of New York. Their long-standing IT leader is retiring and they are seeking a Director of IT to lead the organization into the future. The role will report to the Executive Director of the non-profit and will often interface with the Board. Given this is a small organization with a small IT team of seven and outsourced services, successful candidates will have remained close to technology and have experience with enterprise systems.
The professional in this position will provide the leadership, strategy and execution of IT (applications and infrastructure) for our client. The responsibilities for this position include ensuring proper change management, IT administrative, and security procedures are in place, and managing day-to-day IT operations for the organization. Our client is open to a flexible work arrangement but ideally candidates will be within three hours of the office. There are many projects ahead for this IT leader including deciding on upgrades of key insurance systems. Working with business partners, the IT Director is also responsible for liaising with departments within the organization to determine business needs and provide solutions that will align with their business objectives as set forth by the Executive Director and the Board.
· Provide leadership to the IT Department and manage day-to-day IT operations and digital services for the company.
· Assist the Executive Director in the development and implementation of effective business strategies and processes based on business objectives.
· Work with HR to lead a high-performance IT team. Attract, recruit and retain talented employees and provide mentoring to staff in the advancement of their professional careers.
· Head the process of developing and implementing IT projects for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Define requirements and coordinate planning with staff and leadership for system improvements.
· Work with technology security experts to establish and maintain the Cyber Security Policies and Procedures that will safeguard IT infrastructure and maintain compliance with government regulations.
· Collaborate with key players, develop and implement plan for the operational infrastructure and processes that will complete the transformation objectives set forth by the Board.
· Evaluate new system architecture feasibility, risk and technologies related to business needs. Provide leadership in evaluation, negotiation and purchase of new systems that meet the requirements of stakeholders.
· Identify the current reporting and insurance processes deficiencies and recommend changes that will be implemented and lead to measurable improvement in the insurance operations.
· Prepare IT annual budget and present proposals for capital improvement projects to the Executive Director.
· At least 10 years of IT experience with six years in management or project management role with budgeting responsibilities. Previous experience in P&C insurance or P&C related industries required.
· To be successful in this position, candidate must have strong technical aptitudes and P&C insurance business knowledge to interpret business needs for designing and implementing automated insurance processes for the organization.
· Strong project management skills of initiating, defining, planning and completing multiple projects in a coordinated manner. Proven record of managing projects with aggressive deadlines/time-sensitivity.
· Good people skills, with an ability to lead IT team members and partner with a dynamic leadership team. Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organizational goals.
· Experience with enterprise systems strongly desired and specific experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter and BillingCenter a big plus.
· Application development experience running a monthly release schedule and affiliated stand ups, sprints, and deployments and acceptance meetings.
· Solid understanding of data migration projects. Experience pulling data from systems and designing reporting systems and dashboards for leadership and the board.
· Experience with security awareness and security training leveraging outside vendors and internal resources.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with financial/accounting systems and reporting.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field desired. Master’s degree in business a plus.
Technology Environment – primarily cloud based:
· Guidewire (PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, BillingCenter)
· Sapiens FinancialPro financial suite (AP, GL, Financial Statements)
· Sapiens StatementPro (formerly StoneRiver eFreedom) for annual reporting
· ImageRight insurance focused enterprise content management and workflow solution
· Global XLPro, a ceded P&C reinsurance solution, fully automates a reinsured’s calculations for recoveries and costs, and provides the required documentation and credit control functionality
· Office 365
· Amazon AWS
Candidates interested in pursuing this role should forward their resumes to Kristen@LamoreauxSearch.com.
Our client will not sponsor or relocate candidates at this time, but they are offering on-site flexibility of 50%.