Director of Software Engineering
Enterprise Payments Technology is actively looking to expand its regional footprint to Northern Virginia! This will be an opportunity for a self starting Director to recruit, build, and develop their own teams of Software Engineers in the McLean, VA area. Enterprise Payments Technology currently manages and supports Payment Fulfillment and Rail Settlement for all of Capital One (Wire Transfer, ACH, SWIFT, Debit, Check, Real Time Payments, and more to come).
In addition to building and establishing a technical footprint in McLean, this position will play a critical role in the payment strategy at Capital One and will partner in the establishment of the Enterprise Payment Fulfillment Platform, Payment Exchange.
If you are looking to build your own teams from the ground up and play a significant role in shaping the future of Capital One’s payments technology - this could be a great fit for you!
Our Directors Have:
- Experience building and leading teams in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation products and services with a DevOps mindset
- A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
- Ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech, startup and academic ecosystems
- The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company
- Exceptional management ability: manage engineering teams to deliver technology prototypes in support of enhancing the developer/delivery experience.
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Ability to take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- A robust portfolio of shipped code on GitHub or other Open Source contributions and experience with scalable and highly resilient systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience building products developers want to use
- Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team
- Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and engineers to drive the evolution of our existing portfolio and build new capabilities
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure compliance with standards
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality and time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in software development or data engineering
- At least 5 years of experience managing software or data engineering teams
- At least 2 years of experience in cloud native development
- At least 2 years of experience working with data streaming solutions
- Master’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in software development or data engineering
- 8+ years of experience in Agile
- 5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.