Are you excited by the challenge of solving unique enterprise-scale problems through technology innovation? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment? We’re looking for an influential engineering leader to provide strategic direction on initiatives with significant bottom line impact.
This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work outside of the day-to-day requirements of our fast-paced, iterative delivery environment to provide technical thought leadership and champion transformation strategies for an organization that strives to deliver cutting edge innovation at a massive scale.
This individual will be an independent thinker who makes convincing, data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will devise clear roadmaps to innovation and is comfortable thinking strategically and diving deep; a vanguard leader who can identify opportunities and leverage the team to translate them into proofs of concept.
What you will need to bring for this position:
- Experience leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products and prototypes
- A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
- Ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech, startup and academic ecosystems
- The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company
- Exceptional management ability: Manage software engineering team to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment.
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Insatiable hunger to learn and code on new technologies
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive implementation of new applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- A robust portfolio of shipped code on GitHub or other open Source contributions and experience with distributed/scalable systems a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years' leading software engineering teams
- At least 5 years' experience with object-oriented programming and design, including Java
- At least 5 years' experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies
- At least 2 years' experience with Cloud technologies
- At least 2 years' experience utilizing DevOps technologies to drive Continuous Delivery
- At least 2 years’ experience with RESTful APIs
-10+ years of technical/programming experience
-10+ years in managing / leading multiple teams in the CMS space
-5+ years of experience working with Content Management, Document Management and Digital Asset Management solutions (BloomReach Hippo, Nuxeo, TeamSite)
-Experience working with scrum teams using Atlassian suite of products and understanding of Agile methodologies
-Technical expertise in Java Oriented CMS (Java 8), Maven, Json, RESTful web
-Knowledge of React, Angular, Perl,
-Experience with database technologies like Oracle, Postgres, MS Sql Server, and noSql databases.
-Experience with AWS
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.