Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic infrastructure and application services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking a U.S. based Solutions Architecture Leader for our Enterprise business. This role is aligned to our field sales organization. Ideal candidates must have experience in working with mid-size and large scale enterprises. This role blends strategic leadership and building deep technical solutions. This is a leader of leaders role and the ideal candidate will develop and grow customer-obsessed technical professionals who partner with customers to advise, mentor, and assist in migrating and modernizing production workloads to the Cloud. As a member of the Americas leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support customers, including core foundational services such as compute/storage/networking/databases, application services, and management services.
The role is focused on our U.S. Southeast market. The U.S. Southeast includes Fortune 1000 customers in varying stages of AWS technology adoption. Key verticals we support include retail, manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare, and financial services.
You will help develop the solutions architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution development, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive customer outcomes and innovation across a broad set of customers.
Your responsibilities will include thought leadership and driving value creation for our customers, shaping technical solutions, growing the team, and leading specific customer engagement and interaction at the Director and VP level. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop, and execute a customer-outcome plan. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of customers, products, and their cloud journey
- Educate customers on how to use AWS services and participate in architectural sessions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions for customers who are considering or using AWS
- Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, presentations, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Position based in Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; or Arlington, VA.
- 10+ years of experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
- 10+ years' experience design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to speak in public and in front of an audience is a big plus
- Technical degree required (or equivalent work experience); Computer Science background highly desired
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age