The Strategic Sourcing Department has an opening for a Director Strategic Sourcing, Packaging; this position is in Boise, Idaho. Work will be remote during most or all of 2021 with a relocation package offered thereafter.
• Direct and oversee sourcing approaches/solutions for assigned verticals/categories
• Lead the development and planning of category strategy, planning, maturity, opportunity assessments and supplier relationship management
• Act as ambassador for strategic sourcing throughout the enterprise, with a focus on assigned vertical/categories
• Ensure delivery of financial and organizational goals for assigned vertical/categories
• Partner with senior business leaders to identify areas of opportunity
• Identify and engage key stakeholders for collaboration to achieve KPIs and goals
• Track performance of team goals/ KPIs
• Evaluate, implement and report on risk mitigation strategies
• Provide status/team updates to leadership
• Ensure accurate savings tracking
• Ensure development of multi-year savings pipeline
• Champion the development of project charters and project kickoffs
• Steward/foster the culture of strategic sourcing
• Recruit, develop and retain talent
• Direct and support change management activities
• Other duties as needed
• B.A./B.S. degree in Business or another related field preferred
• 8-10 years experience in sourcing, finance, financial reporting/analysis or accounting preferred
• 5-8 years strategic sourcing and procurement experiences with commodities, packaging, ingredients and contract manufacturing with a retail or food manufacturing company
• Strong program skills in MS Office
• Knowledge of eSourcing tools preferred
• Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, quality assurance and follow through
• 2-3 years managing strategic sourcing professionals and strong people management skills
• Expert knowledge in formal strategic sourcing process and methodologies
• Expert in contract language and the application of contract terms
• Skilled in managing executive relationships of multi-million dollar spends and cost savings initiatives
• History of driving significant cost savings initiatives.
• Expert in formal strategic sourcing process and methodologies.
• Superior business development, presentation, communication, change management and persuasion skills
• Exceptional meeting management and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills
• Strong initiative, creative problem-solving ability and sense of urgency
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance, and create solutions that are in alignment with the culture and strategies of the department and company
• Strong customer support and ability to work with cross functional teams
• Knowledge of food manufacturing processes, capabilities and environment a plus.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.