The Global Spread Products (GSP) business engages in Sales, Trading, Structuring and Financing across the Credit, Securitized, and Municipal markets. This business is a market leading franchise, and is committed to maintain its leadership position by investing in next generation technology platforms that deliver competitive advantage to the business. The business operates globally with major operations across North America, Europe and Asia, including Emerging Markets. This role is in the Technology group that supports this business globally.
The GSP Technology group is looking for a strong Technology development senior manager (Director) with Data Strategy experience
The Head of Data Strategy and Delivery will lead the GSP Technology Data Strategy Implementation to deliver common, secure, consistent and state of the art data capabilities across the GSP business in conjunction with the broader Citi Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Data Strategy. This role will establish a Data Architecture practice to create reusable data capabilities as well as engage in strategic initiatives to drive greater Client capability and provide the appropriate innovative methods to deliver this medium to internal and external clients. This role reports to the Global Head of Spread Products Technology and will manage the strategic architecture and transformation of Data and related approaches, tools and technologies.
A primary task is to build on the current strategy and transform our data capabilities - therefore the candidate will need to build strong relationships with business leaders, industry thought leaders, suppliers and the technology teams driving transformation and innovation. This role will ensure that our global organization can meet the challenges of a rapidly changing financial services landscape, especially within the GSP businesses.
If you are a technologist at heart, this is amazing opportunity for you. As the head of a key horizontal engineering group, you will work closely with software engineers, product managers, cross-functional partners, business leaders and the larger technology organization to get high-quality data solutions built out for the market leading Spread Products franchise
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of transforming traditional Data Warehousing approaches to Big Data & Stream Data based approaches in large organizations and proven track record of managing risks and data security.
- Experience in conducting analysis for evidence-based decision making
- Experience in finding patterns in data and creating statistical models, data exploration, data visualization and data mining
- Experience of leading data science, data discovery and machine learning projects
- High levels of creativity and a genuine affinity for out-of-the-box problem solving
- Familiar with optimization tools and techniques like Bayesian modelling and variety of machine learning techniques
- Strong DB skills with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding and experience in successful implementation/creation applications in public / private cloud environments. Experience in Kubernetes, Docker and OpenShift a big plus
- Experience in building horizontally scalable, highly available, low latency applications
- Statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling as well as business strategy skills to build the algorithms/processes necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
- A degree, Masters or Bachelors from a leading University in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, statistics, physics or mathematics
- Leadership - Provide leadership to the various functional teams in this remit so that they effectively handle ongoing and strategic activities
- Staff / Resource Management and People skills as well as technical problem solving skills to navigate issues
- Strong communication and relationship building capabilities. Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail
- Ability to operate in a Global Matrix environment. Resilient, able to adapt to change and implement changes rapidly; always seeking continuous innovation and improvement
- Ability to convey complex technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences. Exceptional ability to rank strategic and operational choices — willing and able to be hands-on when needed
- Contributing and influencing development of data, data science and analytics subjects in the industry
- Affiliation with industry or independent forums influencing changes and strategic direction