Job ID 01322166
Carrier is seeking an experienced and motivated senior leader to join the Corporate IT staff for the position of Director, Workplace Services. This role will be responsible for the Desktop, Messaging & Collaboration and Mobility environments at Carrier end user.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the Workplace Services strategy and execution for building a best-in-class workplace experience for Carrier. This key organizational leader will focus on crafting various workplace technologies and capabilities with a millennial mindset as the primary consideration. The individual should be familiar with developing and delivering designs and capabilities around desktop, tablet and mobile infrastructure with a vision for simplicity, automation and self-empowerment functions. Overall experience with workplace and end user computing services design, measurement and transformation will be critical functions associated with this role. Other aspects of the role will focus on messaging & collaboration services administration and design plus mobile device management, software deployment, device maintenance and a virtual desktop environment.
Subject matter expertise and ability to communicate effectively will be key qualities as we maximize the benefits associated with the consumer driven technologies that are rapidly becoming available in the enterprise marketplace.
- Leads the effort to develop new strategies around the consumerization of the end user experience.
- Collaborate with business representatives to develop the next generation end-user computing requirements and find opportunities to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Designing and delivering virtualized and automated technology capabilities in support of desktop and mobile computing platforms.
- Lead development of a world-class Workplace Services strategy and execute projects to enable global deployment at Carrier.
- Responsible for setting the direction and strategy for desktop, messaging, partnership and mobile device management
- Form a team that will drive strategy around end user device automation, patching, configuration management and compliance. This includes the build out and implementation of centralized management systems.
- Conduct research on creative, productivity-enabling technology solutions and develop business cases to propose high performance, cost effective opportunities to meet business requirements. Bring these innovative technologies to a production ready state and coordinate Carrier global introduction.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with suppliers of strategic information technology products and/or services.
- Meet all financial obligations and drive year over year cost reductions for infrastructure services.
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience designing and delivering workplace and end user technology infrastructure at a global company with significant scale.
- 5+ years working with third party service suppliers that includes financial, SLA and service definition functions.
- Experience in strategy development with strong oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- You possess leadership competencies with the ability to work effectively across all levels and functions within the business.
- Good interpersonal, social, analytical, communication and technical skills are critical.
- Experience running an Executive Support function dealing with C-Suite level executives and have a natural instinct for customer service and crisis management.
- Strong interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication.
- Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is essential.
Education / Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s). Master’s Degree a plus.