Distinguished Application Architect - Director
At Capital One, we believe in the values of Excellence and Doing the Right Thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale.
We are looking for Distinguished Engineers who are passionate and self motivated. Ideal candidates bring strong engineering excellence and are
- Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on Capital One’s toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Supporters, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
- Technical leaders who gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives
- Engineering leaders who are customer focussed, decisive, understand priorities, maintains humility, and values feedback.
Whether a member of our engineering or architecture teams, Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, candidates should be influential engineering leaders with deep technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. The candidate will significantly impact the Tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
- Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of Capital One’s most critical problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
- Build awareness, increase knowledge sharing and drive adoption of modern technologies and architecture patterns, sharing customer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and being well-managed, using opportunities to reuse and innersource solutions where possible
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Operate as a trusted advisor for data transformation and machine learning ecosystem, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an integrated manner
- Be the guiding force for stakeholders in design and architecture discussions, helping the engineering teams make key technology choices, and staying associated with the use case through its development lifecycle
- Lead the way in creating next-generation talent for Tech, mentoring internal talent and actively recruiting external talent to bolster Capital One’s Tech talent
- Work across multiple lines of business, partnering with other architects
- Bring in a larger context to 100+ software teams across multiple lines of business and guide their architecture evolution in response to business changes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 8 years of software development, solutions architect, or architect experience
- At least 8 years of experience designing, developing, and architecting enterprise systems
- At least 7 years of experience in application architecture, design patterns, and cloud patterns
- Masters’ Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience with architectural patterns, building APIs, microservices, event streams, and high throughput systems
- 10+ years building cloud native architectures, architecting enterprise applications on public cloud platforms and cloud ecosystems including AWS, GCP or Azure
- 10+ years architecting highly scalable and reliable back-end systems in production
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise data, analytical architectures and data tools for Apache Spark, AI, and Machine Learning
- 2+ years experience leveraging DevOps and building CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation templates, GitHub, and Sonar
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.