This key leadership role will lead the Data Domains & Data Modeling functions for the Chief Data Governance Office (CDGO). The CDGO organization is leading the new Enterprise Data Strategy that will support Citi’s business strategy in the transformation from a product-centric, vertically aligned organization to a customer-and-service-centric and data-driven organization. The end-state for enterprise data will be enabled through several critical capabilities: data domains, robust data models, data governance, foundational data capabilities, and a data domain operating and delivery model.
Objectives for this role include leading the enterprise-wide adoption of the data domain-based approach to driving accountability for data across the data life cycle, a key principle in Citi’s
Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Domains will enable Citi to organize data in how it is stored, processed, and used across the organization. They enable governance of data as a business asset independent of applications, processes, and the organization with data owners being accountable for data quality. They also establish accountability for data, enable assignment of clear roles and responsibilities, and drive consistency and standards across the enterprise.
This role will provide leadership in establishing well-defined data models with ownership and accountability at the appropriate organizational levels, articulated using standard languages and specifications and enforced programmatically that will drive improvements in data quality and ensure enterprise-wide adherence to standardized data definitions resulting in consistent understanding of data by consumers both internal and external to the bank.
The leader in this role will provide insightful evaluation to management and stakeholders in assessing the Businesses/Functions’ progress toward adoption and direct where additional effort is required. They will need to be influential in decision-making, a strong change agent and will work across functions to prioritize and deliver common goals and objectives.
- Define the strategy and implement framework that will drive formalized accountability of data by Domain and ensure an effective enterprise data management
- Provide strategic oversight, direction and lead the roll-out of the Domain structure with the Data Sponsors (Senior Business Executives across the enterprise)
- Establish the data modeling center of excellence with well-defined data model standard, roles and responsibilities, and processes/procedures for managing the models.
- Lead a team of data modelers to develop the data models with the data domain teams with appropriate ownership and accountability in place
- Engage, influence and collaborate with senior staff to ensure effective delivery of Data Domain and Data Model strategies within the overall Enterprise Data Strategy
- Develop and build strong working partnerships and strategic relationships with key partners across businesses and technology to align implementation and operational strategies
- Provide expert advice on data related aspects of Data Domains and Data Models
- Expertise in data modeling, data engineering, data governance, data analytics, strategy, agile and design thinking
- 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years' managerial experience
- Financial service acumen & or experience to lead large cross functional initiatives
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to accurately determine length and difficulty of tasks and projects
- Strategic thinker; must be able to look towards the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; and can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to lead teams through direct and matrix reporting lines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to bring clarity to challenging problems and to help others engage in and embrace a solution.
- Able to leverage strong business acumen to effectively interact with senior leaders and a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to respond to changes in priorities.
- Strong executive presence; confident in presenting a balanced view to key stakeholders and senior management.
Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred; managerial experience
If interested in the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ply via : https://citi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/2/job/New-York-New-York-United-States/Chief-Data-Governance-Office--CDGO--Head-of-Domain---Data-Modeling_21265783