Head of New York Rates eTrading technology with ownership of delivery for the Rates business in NAM along with the technology teams associated. The team is responsible for Core pricing, distribution/connectivity and algo with a budget of ~$6m.
The role requires the management of eTrading deliverables and stakeholders (primarily flow rates) for rates products across all of North America – US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Columbia and Peru. A significant part of the role would be collaborating with stakeholders to help develop and execute an etrading strategy across desks at different stages of evolution. In addition the role will be part of a larger global eTrading organisation and will require building and leveraging solutions for & from other globally distributed teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to help drive technology for the leading NAM Rates business on the street and gain first-hand experience as the business evolves and becomes even more electronic.
The Applications Development Senior Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Manage/develop multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as ensure team adheres to best practices and process Develop vision for team around roles and responsibilities, and structure team to ensure greatest impact, efficient use of resource, and alignment to business structures
- Prepare and present regular team/project reviews to senior management and business leaders
- Drive the design and development of system architecture, work with end-users of the systems, and enhance the quality of deliverables Ensure staff follows Citi documented policy and procedures as well as maintain desktop procedures and supporting documentation for filings on a current basis and in comprehensive manner
- Monitor and manage approach/end results, budgeting, planning, policy formation, and contribute to future strategy of the area(s)
- Ensure change is managed with appropriate controls, documentation, and approvals including implementation of new and revised regulatory reporting requirements
- Research and resolve issues, provide recommendations, and escalate to senior management as needed
- Manage and maintain all disaster recovery plans, oversee appropriate testing, and provide permit-to-operate for new applications
- Lead and deliver local staff forums, present global, regional, and location news and updates to engage team in the progress of organization
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices and processes for the department and ensure transparency and consistency across teams
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- 8-10+ years of managerial experience
- PMP Certification, MBA, Specific to business Licenses and other
- Experience with financial products
- Working knowledge of the industry and competitors’ products and services
- Advanced knowledge of strategic direction of the function within relevant part of the business
- Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and development skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred