- Assist the Early Application Vulnerability Detection (EAVD) team, as part of the Vulnerability Assessments (VA) organization, with various application security testing initiatives.
- Support and operate automated security testing tools against thick, web, mobile, and cloud applications to identify security risks and recommend appropriate controls to application teams
- Coordinate various testing and integration efforts of security tools with Citi’s CI/CD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery) pipelines to ensure iterative automated application scanning throughout the Secure-SDLC
- Engage and partner with application development teams on vulnerability remediation techniques and security design pattern recommendations
- Plan and document new testing and operational processes
- Assume informal/formal mentorship role within teams and assist with the coaching and training of new team members
- Collaborate with different Vulnerability Assessment teams to share testing and remediation techniques and experience
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgement regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in web development, source code review, or application security
- Basic understanding of application security and associated vulnerabilities
- Development background in Java/J2EE, C#, .NET in an enterprise environment
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle – including unit testing, code scanning
- Familiarity with static analysis (source code review), open source analysis, and dynamic pen-testing techniques
- Experience using commercial enterprise automated security testing tools such as AppScan Source, Fortify, Checkmarx, Veracode, BlackDuck, Sonatype, Contrast, Seeker is a plus
- Knowledge with mobile platforms and languages including Android, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and devops tools (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc) is a plus
- Experience using or testing cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure, etc) is a plus
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Professional certifications, such as CISSP, CSSLP, GIAC, CEH or willingness to obtain
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree is a plus
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.