The USD Flow Rates business have built the number one electronic trading franchise on the street; automatically executing and hedging billions of notional with clients every day. The Rates Algo Technology team are critical to that success and work directly with the business to build smart automated pricing and execution tools.
We are looking for a talented and driven engineer to lead the team. The role will require partnering with trading and quants to define algo projects whilst working with the technology teams to evolve the core platform.
The role is a senior management level position that will require strong leadership skills to manage a very strong engineering team as well as the need to be technical and have a strong engineering capability.
- Manage highly experienced engineers to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Work directly with quants/trading and other engineers to develop and architect world class solutions. The role requires the team lead to be able to understand and make technical decisions.
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards
- Integrate in-depth knowledge of applications development with overall technology function to achieve established goals
- Provide evaluative judgement based on analysis of facts in complicated, unique, and dynamic situations including drawing from internal and external sources
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Strong understanding of algo trading and order management
- Experience of low-latency systems and optimization
- Strong engineering skills particularly with high performance server side applications (Linux)
- Experienced with high-performance Java
- Understanding of running SRE
- Proven track record delivering projects using techniques such as Agile/Scrum
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in applications development
- Experience in management
- Experience managing global technology teams
- Working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred