Citi’s Private Bank is an exciting and growing business. Our 800 private bankers and product specialists, located in 51 offices in 16 countries, act as trusted advisors to many of the world's most successful and influential individuals and families. Citi is growing Private Bank franchise by providing highly sophisticated institutional-level solutions along with traditional private banking offerings such as trust and lending.
Citi Private Bank is looking for a strong Technology Development Manager for driving Banking & Lending Technology in NAM/Latam. The successful candidate will lead a team of developers in enhancing the Private Bank’s Lending / Investment Finance capabilities, which is a key focus area for the Citi Private Bank. This role will lead and manage large scale complex global strategic programs and will interface directly with business and O&T partners. Primary responsibility will be to drive design and implementing of large-scale global enterprise distributed systems, including integration of business process management and various interfaces to internal Citi Systems. This role will focus on establishing a strong team presence for supporting the global business and for meeting the overall delivery, driven by diverse and strong talent, transparency/communication and engineering excellence principles.
- Drive business analysis, solutions architecture, or architect software solutions with the understanding of products
- Drive delivery of Technology roadmap and manage execution of technology programs to deliver high quality & efficient solutions
- Ensure operational processes delivery is aligned to themes of simplification
- Product management as well as business requirements analysis, facing off with regional/local stakeholders, from Product, Operations, Legal, Compliance and O&T.
- Partner with operations and technology stakeholders to conduct data profiling and analyze the information, to evaluate potential technology solution and data integration
- Partner with regional businesses, program management, O&T stakeholders to support of strategic regional efforts for systems expansion and enrichments
- Collaborate and partner closely with program managers, development leads, testing leads and production support teams to ensure requirements are gathered correctly and delivery meets highest quality standards.
- Manage and own identification of risks, problem reporting & managing overall risk mitigation
- Proficiency with developing mission critical global applications using distributed technologies such as Java, J2EE, web & mobile UI technologies including HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Angular/React JS, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Web sphere and Unix.
- Experience in SOA, ESB, IBM Web-Sphere Process Server, Tibco Business Works, Tibco iProcess, Kafka and EMS development
- Data Management and RDBMS (i.e. SQL, Sybase or Oracle)
- Experience designing and managing highly responsive platforms
- Leadership - Provide leadership to the various functional teams in this remit so that they effectively handle ongoing and strategic activities
- Staff / Resource Management and People skills as well as technical problem solving skills to navigate issues
- Strong communication and relationship building capabilities. Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail
- Ability to operate in a Global Matrix environment. Resilient, able to adapt to change and implement changes rapidly; always seeking continuous innovation and improvement
- Ability to convey complex technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences. Exceptional ability to rank strategic and operational choices — willing and able to be hands-on when needed
- Ability to work under pressure during tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters in Computer Science or relevant major
- 12+ years’ experience in technology area with at least 8 years of experience in financial services industry
- Banking, Lending and Investment product knowledge preferred