Global Regulatory Solutions (GRS) sits within the Global Operations & Technology (GOT) Office which is a centralized function that supports Operations & Technology for the benefit of the enterprise.GRS is responsible for the governance and oversight of all change within the regulatory lifecycle for the first line of defense, and engages both internally and externally to ensure BNY Mellon complies with its regulatory obligations.Also owns the Business Analysis domain within BNY Mellon’s Technology Enterprise Change Management Framework (TECM).
- Is responsible for supporting the execution of the Regulatory Strategy.
- Uses knowledge of operations and technology, risk and control frameworks, risk and control theory and practice, and controls implementation and assessment to determine potential risks to the organization.
- Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend and direct any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Contributes to developing the strategic direction of the Regulatory Technology and Operations function.
- Responsible for understanding forward looking regulations, determine regulatory impact, conduct horizontal analysis, and develop strategic tooling and innovation.
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory guiding principles and logical architecture.
- Involved in implementing risk framework and identifying, analyzing, monitoring, reporting, and minimizing technology and operations risks.
- Consult and advise on all technology and operations risk matters.
- Supports related risk programs: audit response, regulatory inquiry and response, etc.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with the businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
Has an understanding of Financial Services regulations and how Technology supports the lines of business in delivering any associated change.
Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business
Regulatory understanding is essential
Strong written and verbal communication.
Communications and organization skills; team work skills ; possess strong interpersonal skills to support mentoring.
Ability to work independently or with a team. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is essential.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
10-12 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a significant plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.