In the Transformation Office, we are looking for those who are able to work across borders and who possess the passion to help shape the future of the company. We are seeking a Process Transformation manager to lead our process improvement program.
This is a senior role reporting to the Director of Digital and Process Transformation and will work closely with the HP leadership team in driving projects associated with process transformation and customer experience improvement. These efforts are more challenging to manage as they typically require several approvers across different business teams and processes.
The Transformation Office receive many requests for assistance with customer experience and process improvement projects from the business. The Process Transformation Manager’s role is to scope and prioritize those requests, identify the ideal project lead to delivery the request and manage the program of projects to deliver quality outcomes. The person will also be hands on leading projects within the Digital Transformation office, role modeling a process thinking and agile approach.
The role requires a resourceful approach to identify decision makers and key stakeholders and a poised, tenacious approach to breaking down siloes to solve issues. The candidate will work closely with senior leaders across the business to scope projects, communicate status updates and deliver outcomes.
This is a hands on role, diving deep to understand the current situation and processes in the business and thinking big to understand blockers, recommend changes and new designs.
This is highly-dynamic and exciting role at the center of critical efforts to continuously evolve the company - a trusted go-to resource for HPs leaders, who understands processes, gets things done and works effectively across all levels of the organization.
The specific responsibilities of the role fall into two primary areas:
Owning the process transformation work stream:
- Scope requests for assistance
- Prioritize requests
- Identify the ideal project lead to deliver the request
- Identify and engage key stakeholders and decision makers for the project and set up criteria for success
- Manage the program of projects and coach project leaders to deliver quality outcomes, assist with breaking down siloes to solve issues.
- Manage the budget associated with the work
Leading a process transformation project:
- Understand the underlying processes, systems, tools, data, policies and culture for the project scope.
- Work with our HP teams to define a future state, communicate and gain agreement from relevant HP teams.
- Identify risks and gaps and work across the (often conflicting) project streams and HP functions to come to an agreed path forward
- Own the deployment of your solutions to the business, including identifying impacted people, new processes and any training / communication of the new approach.
- Use an agile scrum master approach to implementation - speed is king. Execute using sprints which enable us to pivot quickly and adjust to the business environment
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record of scoping, resourcing and driving a small team to deliver a program of process improvement projects
- Lean or Six Sigma or equivalent Quality certification
- Knowledge of the HP’s planning processes would be an advantage
- Typically 10 or more years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior knowledge and experience working in HP’s processes. Understanding the people and processes across a broad range of HP processes, particularly customer impacting processes.
- Proven track record of leading cross company process improvement projects including global, cross-functional initiatives
- Experience participating in a project using an Agile approach
- Strong process skills with attention to detail, customer first and lean thinking
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to work within a fluid, constantly changing environment
- Highly developed collaboration, conflict resolution, relationship building, and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with/influence across functions within the organization to achieve actionable results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills, and group facilitation
- Experience with various team collaboration and program management tools, such as Visio, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Service Now and SmartSheet