The Cloud Renewal Sales Manager (CRSM) works with the Oracle ASM to secure the renewal and contracted revenue growth of Oracle Cloud accounts in their territory. This is strategically important to the health and growth of Oracle’s Cloud business. Key objectives are maximizing annual contract value, securing long-term (3+ year) renewal contracts and achieving on-time renewal contract closure. The CRSM will have a defined customer base within an Oracle Cloud Product Pillar (Sales Automation, Service Automation, Marketing Automation or Human Capital Management) and will be responsible for all aspects of the renewal sales cycle with assigned clients. The CRSM will be responsible for maintaining focus on near term (current quarter) as well as longer term (multiple quarters out) renewals. It is critical that the CRSM collaborates with our Cloud Client Success organization and our Cloud Field Sales organization to ensure optimal engagement with clients well in advance of, and during the renewal cycle. The CRSM will partner with field sales to cover entire client base not just immediate renewals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the renewal sales cycle from proposal stage through contract execution in coordination with Field Sales.
- Achieve / exceed quarterly renewal targets
- Maximize renewal revenue
- Drive on-time or early renewals
- Sell extended term contracts (>3 Years)
- Accurately forecast quarterly renewal revenue
- Identify, up-sell & cross-sell opportunities within dedicated client base
- Collaboratively work across internal LOB’s to achieve objectives
- Identify “at-risk” renewal clients early in the cycle and construct the action plan to ensure a successful, timely renewal
- Provide continuous feedback to management on both successes and challenges of the business
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Strong track record of sales accomplishments leading commercial negotiations in a quota-carrying role
- Experience with cloud-based/SaaS business process solution offerings
- Product experience in Sales, Marketing and Service Automation, HCM, or ERP
- Proven expertise working with the executive level in client environments, as well as with procurement and business owners (sales, HR, service orgs.)
- Finance background a plus – understanding of accounting and financial principles such as Budgeting, ROI, Project Payback, Time Value of Money, TCO-based Selling
- Understanding of legal terms in SaaS contracts (at a minimum, contract experience in Enterprise Software or Technology Service agreements)
- Ability to effectively negotiate in both challenging and collaborative sales engagements
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, quarterly-results driven sales culture
- Team player who will work within the company to continue improving organization processes
- 5-7 Years sales experience in technology-based company
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or technology related discipline
- Intermediate / advanced Excel skills, experience in Word, PowerPoint and CRM systems
- Some travel (10 – 25%) may be required
Drive the renewal of Oracle's contracts to existing customers.
Responsible for timely renewals for medium-sized customers in assigned territory. Educate customers on business practices and any associated contractual implications. Ensure customer awareness and understanding of applicable elements of Oracle's portfolio. Meet productivity expectations on outbound calls for renewals. Manage exceptions for customers with issues that may delay or inhibit renewals. Identify and transfer leads to sales representatives for top-tier opportunities. Accurately forecast business targets and opportunities in territory.
5-8 years experience in sales or related area. Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.