The Strategic Sourcing Department has an opening for a Senior Director Strategic Sourcing - Supply Chain and Manufacturing. Work will be remote all of or most of 2021 with relocation package thereafter.
Optimize supply chain and manufacturing spend through leading and executing world-class Strategic Sourcing processes and practices
Leverages enterprise wide spend via the strategic sourcing process to drive significant value for the company.
• Constantly identifies new spend opportunities where strategic sourcing can drive value for the company.
• Develops executive level relationships with strategic suppliers to gain competitive advantage for the company.
• Participates in cross-functional teams to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities across departments.
• Presents and sells the strategic sourcing process to cross-functional executives throughout the company.
• Plans and defines group resources to ensure they are best utilized in support of strategies.
• Builds relationships and collaborates with cross-functional leaders to ensure that group is resourced and aligned in furthering the broader business objectives.
• Evaluates business trends and industry research to identify opportunities where the group can leverage best-practices in support of achieving goals.
B.A./B.S. degree required; MBA/Graduate degree preferred
• 10+ years strategic sourcing and procurement experience in supply chain areas such as warehousing, transportation, and logistics as well as manufacturing, ideally in a grocery or food manufacturing business.
• 9-12 years of experience in strategic sourcing and procurement, including vendor management, negotiation and analysis.
• Knowledge of MRP, ERP, and multiple Supply Chain software preferred.
• 3-5 years managing strategic sourcing professionals.
• History of driving significant cost savings initiatives.
• Expert in formal strategic sourcing process and methodologies. Superior project management and people management skills.
• Skilled in managing executive relationships of multi-million dollar spends and cost savings initiatives.
• Superior presentation, communication, change management and persuasion skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in contract language and the application of contract terms.
• Strong data and financial analysis capabilities.
• Strong initiative, creative problem-solving ability and sense of urgency.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance, and create solutions that are in alignment with the culture and strategies of the department and company.
• Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, quality assurance and follow through.
• Strong customer support and ability to work with cross functional teams.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.