Truist Financial Corporation is the Nation’s sixth largest bank by assets. Truist Financial Corp. was created through SunTrust and BB&T’s merger of equals in 2019 – the largest financial services combination in more than a decade. Truist is now the nation’s sixth-largest commercial bank, serving 10 million households and a full range of business clients in many of the nation’s highest-growth markets, with $506 billion in assets and $350 billion in deposits as of March 31, 2020. Truist operates more than 2,000 branches in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and offers consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage, and insurance products and services.
We are seeking a proven leader, capable of defining and delivering large scale platform development initiatives to market. Owner of one to five high-impact, high-complexity digital platforms throughout the design, build, run and retire lifecycle. Lead development teams in implementing and managing digital mobile and online platforms, solutions, and services to provide a competitive advantage to Truist. Define and create end-to-end digital solutions to meet client needs and to deliver on measurable objectives for sales, revenue, market share and profitability including new client acquisition, client retention, cross-sells, and self-service adoption across enterprise product lines. Strategic input spans multiple key areas of digital presence including web, mobile, tablet, eCommerce, social media, app stores, personalized and targeted experiences, and client facing omni-channel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Accountable for ongoing success of client facing digital platforms servicing millions of clients and prospects. Platforms are tier one, requiring high availability, performance and mission critical security requirements.
2. Develop new digital products, solutions and services. Includes product concept, structure, client experience, financial impact, sales projections, service levels and operational requirements.
3. Lead cross-functional technical (Digital Services, Application Development Services (ADS), Systems Integration Testing (SIT), systems engineering) and management teams to create innovative client experiences while proactively managing business and marketplace dynamics.
4. Collaborate with enterprise and application architects to leverage system architecture and applications. Integrate business objectives with IT strategies for information security, infrastructure and technology solutions.
5. Develop, maintain and evaluate mobile and online products to optimize client experience and increase acquisition, retention and cross-sell of products and services.
6. Assess, self-identify, and manage business and technical risks for assigned platforms.
7. Integrate usability principles, research and market analysis in solution design and requirements. Define user research needs to ensure solutions meet client expectations while meeting budget and speed to market goals.
8. Manage annual budget, including monthly forecasting.
9. Accountable for meeting annual revenue goals.
10. Research, develop and champion strategies, methods and programs which improve the acquisition, retention, profitability and cross-sell of clients across BB&T’s product lines in the digital environment.
11. Partner with lines of business and other digital leaders to develop roadmaps, business case, and return on investment analysis. Gather and understand market dynamics, competition and client needs to identify business opportunities.
12. Develop and maintain appropriate reporting capabilities in order to communicate the value of digital properties (mobile/online applications and websites) to Senior Management.
13. Partner with Marketing, Community Bank to create and successfully execute on promotional and development strategies for bank products and services across digital properties.
14. Coordinate with third-party vendor account management and technical staff to evaluate solutions, develop statements of work, manage dependencies and resolve conflicts within schedule and budget constraints.
15. Hire, mentor and manage platform managers and analysts. Provide regular direction and opportunities for team members to learn, grow and improve their performance. Proactively address poor performance.
16. Stay abreast of competitors (bank and non-bank) to report on developing trends and potential impacts to digital market share. Oversee the development of market analyses and identify strategic opportunities in the marketplace. Stay abreast of economic, regulatory, compliance and competitive developments as they impact mobile and online sales platform from an enterprise perspective.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years of experience in IT, product management, ecommerce or consulting experience in a software or hardware development environment with demonstrable experience in software development lifecycle execution including responsibility for budgets, schedules, and customer focused deliverables
3. Five years of experience in mobile and web product or platform development
4. Ability to drive development for large scale projects; ability to develop release plans that break long term goals into short-term wins to facilitate learning, quick iteration, with shorter time to value and return on investment
5. Demonstrable understanding and application of eBusiness (online and web) concepts and technology; ability to lead development, testing, and analysis of software components to ensure usability and applicability to the business environment and customer needs throughout the software development lifecycle, including post implementation phase
6. Deep experience with middleware and platform technologies, such as business process integration (Pegasystems), enterprise portal software (Liferay) and/or enterprise content management systems (HP Autonomy Teamsite)
7. Energetic leader who is self-driven with proven ability to lead a team to sustainable high performance
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) degree or Master’s degree in an engineering or technology field; banking management education
2. Systems engineering training and proven technical systems analysis skills
3. Experience in banking, insurance and investments across multiple client segments including consumer, small business, wealth and commercial business