The RMO Senior Risk Manager is critical to drive execution of numerous initiatives and programs and is responsible for supporting the Global RMO Management in managing various risk programs. This role will also be responsible for supporting the Global RMO R&C Head by ensuring oversight and supporting where needed as the Risk and Control Manager. This candidate must also be able to influence the RMO Regional Risk teams, manage a team, and execute on global risk.
- Leading/Supporting Global RMO R&C Governance activities supporting RMO Global Functions.
- Managing the RMO MCA Architecture, CRC, and Governance activities, including managing the MCA Global Governance AUs and supporting the MCA Quarterly Risk Assessments / Annual Risk Assessments to ensure timely completion of all requirements.
- Leading the RMO-focused MCA responsibilities drive by Citi's Second Line, Regulatory Requirements, and/or EO&T.
- Managing the RMO Risk Reporting program, including creation of monthly RCMC reporting and risk metrics.
- Managing efforts to strengthen the RMO Global R&C environment, including building enhancements to current processes and reducing manual testing/reporting.
- Taking accountability and ownership of RMO Emerging Risk Program, including creation, maintenance, and remediation efforts.
- Assisting with Third Line Reviews (across relevant areas of RMO) and supporting broader OTRC efforts as needed.
- Managing Citi’s Second Line (i.e. Operations Risk Management) reviews to strengthen controls/processes across RMO.
- Serving as a key stakeholder in RMO Mgmt Meetings as a R&C SME.
- Proposing creative and pragmatic solutions for risks and control issues
- Providing guidance and subject matter expertise in the establishment of an effective risk management program focused on policy and operating procedures compliance
- Participating and managing activities related to key R&C programs for the RMO including, but not limited to Lessons Learned Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Issues and CAPS support. Ensuring programs are consistent with global risk/standards and objectives.
- Communicating with Global RMO Mgmt and Regional Teams on key R&C Initiatives timely.
- Ensuring data in all owned deliverables produced are complete and accurate.
- Identifying trends and potential issues when applicable
- Utilizing various business tools and corporate system applications to perform job duties
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience in MCA, Compliance, and Risk Assessments.
- Expertise in the following is beneficial: Fraud Awareness, Risk Management, Legal and Regulatory Compliance, specifically
- Experience working with global operations and within a complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills needed – verbal & written
- Experience in building new processes/rolling out enhancements to existing processes.
- Experience in procurement, third party management, and contracting processes is desirable.
- Sound critical thinking and analytical skills
- Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization and with external partners and vendors. Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. In depth knowledge of Mortgage Servicing Operational processes and technology platforms supporting the Operations. Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Detailed oriented with analytical skills, as the role requires a large amount of data manipulation and presentation. Expert in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Third Party Oversight/Vendor Oversight experience preferred
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred