PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The ServiceNow Lead Developer is a proven technical leader with experience in designing and operationalizing ServiceNow products and applications that meet the needs of the business, moving rapidly from concept to implementation. This leader must have solid technical and people skills, with a record of success driving large initiatives involving ServiceNow platform enhancements and integrations, custom application development and support, and a focus on CMDB, ITSM, and ITAM functionality. The Lead Developer will support the expansion of ServiceNow to global markets, leveraging best practices developed from initial US implementation. The Lead Developer will work with our other IT Shared Services teams to enable the delivery of their services, assist drive governance and enhance business capabilities through the application of standard processes.
The ServiceNow Lead Developer will support the technical implementation and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform, our ITOM, ITAM and ITSM applications, and other shared applications within ServiceNow. Additional responsibilities include thought leadership, coaching and guidance to junior team members, light project leadership, and helping influence client choices around technology solutions.
- Partner with ITSS Leaders and ServiceNow vendors to influence product roadmap and support ongoing release management across the Yum system
- Design and Develop ServiceNow module implementations and customizations that drives the business forward and meets the needs of Yum clients.
- Design and Develop custom applications that utilize the ServiceNow platform and data to address business needs that are not met by OOB ServiceNow functionality.
- Assist with the development of Yum technology strategies and roadmaps regarding ServiceNow platform.
- Collaborate with cross functional client partners to establish, maintain and manage Yum ServiceNow Applications in various lifecycle stages. These lifecycle stages are broad and span both projects and support.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices and share this information to drive action.
- Provides technical oversight and direction to Yum clients for new technology within the ServiceNow platform, especially in the ITOM/ITSM/ITBM/ITFM/ITAM arenas.
- Assist with the roadmap and strategy for Yum applications relating to the ServiceNow platform.
- Provides technical coaching and team development for junior team members and those new to ServiceNow platform.
- Lead design and operationalization of brand and corporate applications within the SericeNow platform.
- Proactively collaborates with the brands to determine and address future needs of the business with ServiceNow platform.
- Proactively collaborates with other IT teams to support implementation of ServiceNow components.
Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- 7+ years of experience in Technology
- 3+ years of experience in ServiceNow platform, especially with the following components:
-Application Portfolio Management
-Certification & Survey Engine
-Software Asset Management Professional
-Hardware Asset Management
-Procurement & Purchase Orders
- Deep knowledge and understanding of CMDB data and interoperability within ServiceNow.
- Experience in supporting ServiceNow platform, implementing modules, and developing custom applications within the platform.
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with external applications.
- Thorough knowledge of design and integration principles for complex global IT environments.
- Capable of working independently and driving action in matrix team environments with minimal guidance on large scale initiatives.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus across a global IT community.
- Demonstrated ability managing through influence across organizational boundaries
- Knowledge and understanding of ITSM, ITOM, ITAM.
- Agile software development experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Vulnerability, Vendor Risk, Security Incident Response (SIR), and GRC preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint.