Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical leader to build and manage a team of technically skilled, customer facing Solutions Architects focusing on Compute Services in North America. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, specialized solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity for our specialized services. Working closely with our engineering teams, you will help enable new capabilities for our customers to develop and deploy workloads on AWS.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technologies in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new solutions. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management. You should be passionate about helping companies/partners understand best practices for operating on AWS.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
· Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers
· Have a strong understanding of emerging technology solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· In partnership with the specialized sales teams, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
· Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
· Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
· Step into a Solutions Architect role when required to support our customer base
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices