We are looking for candidates with a blend of business acumen and technical skills. The team builds models that help our organization expand margin and invest in programs that lead to financial savings for our customers. We move healthcare forward by using data science to improve decision making.
This position will work closely with leaders across the organization in Pricing, Program, Sourcing, Contract Administration, Accounting, Six Sigma, Data Science and IT. The objective of the strategy is to effectively develop new tools and bring data from information to insights in order to enhance McKesson’s participation in sell side margin expansion opportunities, sustain and enhance customer compliance and growth and bring synergies between various teams.
The Senior Data scientist will be involved in the full lifecycle of the solutioning – data engineering, modelling, operationalizing, presentation, benefit tracking. This role is focused on using analytics to help McKesson continue to win in the market place.
• Develop and implement heuristics and optimization models across customer and product categories to improve business outcomes
• Utilize qualitative and quantitative customer and industry data to synthesize hypothesis, pilot proof of concepts, iterate solution to production and scale solution/ analysis across the organization
• Use data science techniques and analysis to understand market trends, process gaps, strategic synergies and provide actionable plans to leverage insights
• Assist with digital data acquisition/integration strategy. Build scalable data pipeline that complements existing data assets
• Leverage McKesson’s large data infrastructure to build next generation models focused on margin expansion and savings for customers
• Develop data science solutions as currently defined by the existing product roadmap
• Increase access to complex analysis across the organization by providing self-serve decision support tools and parametrized procs
• Decompose complex problems into scalable workstreams. Socialize the solution and key tasks across multiple teams and partner with stakeholders promote solution to production system
• Develop models into user friendly Python API’s for use in heterogenous ERP’s or web applications
• Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience
• 5+ experience in analytics or related field
• Prior experience using analytics to create business value
• 3-year Hands-on Python coding skills and familiarity with Scikit, Pandas
• 4-year Hands on SQL skills
• Deep understanding of at least two or more ML algorithms- clustering, regression, outlier detection, deep learning, time series analysis etc.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Strong desire and ability to use data to solve business problems
• Experience working with RESTful API
• Experience in web development is a plus
• Good business acumen
• Excellent communication skills- verbal, written and presentation
• 4-year degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands