People leader of the McKesson Medical Surgical (MMS) RF/WHSE Cypress, Transportation, Carrier Parcel and Labor Management technology team. Serves as the IT leader for the technical resources required to meet commitments for and support of the Medical Surgical Transportation, Carrier Parcel and Labor Management systems and technical processes.
Select systems supported by the team: IBM DC Connect, internal developed “web page”, integrations to DC automation, Apacheta, RoadNet, Varsity, FedEx/UPS, JDA Labor Management
This position reports to the VP, DC Solutions for North America.
This position is located in Dallas, TX or Richmond, VA. Other McKesson hubs may be considered for current McKesson employees.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for stakeholder engagement, ensuring team performance meets expectations and that established KPI’s/metrics enable business growth targets
• Assesses opportunities for application and process improvement and shares rationale with team members and key stakeholders
• Support Quarterly Business Reviews and Action Planning efforts
• Oversee delivery and support for the Labor Management, Transportation Management, Cypress, RF device development/support and integration to Carrier Parcel systems
• Provide leadership and support for future state Warehouse Management solution rollouts across McKesson Business units
• Mentoring and oversight of people and team development
• Monitor team dynamics and address performance issues
• Ensure adequate resource allocation to committed business features through PI events
• Partner with RTE's and other Development Leaders to prioritize features due to velocity/capacity limitations; monitor performance of milestones
• Develops and implements all operational policies, goals, performance standards/metrics, and budgets
• Understand, define, and support McKesson’s inter-business activities, and fostering a productive relationship between IT and its business partners
• Leading ongoing improvements by applying best practices, focusing on customers’ needs, keeping employees motivated and continually improving the IT environment with the outcome of increasing business value, customer trust and confidence in McKesson Technology.
• The application of sound and responsible financial decision making to sustain a balance between the wants and needs of stakeholders and the resources needed to satisfy them.
13+ years of professional experience and 6+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people motivation skills (or equivalent experience)
• 12+ years professional experience in related IT field
• 4+ years’ experience in leadership, planning and communication roles
• 5+ years’ knowledge of and experience working in Distribution Technology
• Experience leading teams, ensuring that deliverables meet quality, schedule and financial metrics
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of Distribution Technologies such as Blue Yonder’s Warehouse Management & Workforce Management solutions, IBM DC Connect, Varsity Logistics, integrations to FedEx/UPS preferred
• The ability to demonstrate knowledge of McKesson’s value proposition and the activities it undertakes to be profitable, as well as the ability to apply that knowledge to create effective products, solutions and deliverables
• 5+ years’ experience working in the Healthcare industry
• Strong technical aptitude and experience with a wide variety of technologies, including packaged applications
• Working knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with an emphasis on the Advanced Warehouse Module is strongly preferred
• Ability to rapidly learn and if required evaluate a new tool or technology
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Demonstrated technical leadership experience
• Be an innovative thinker
• Must have a strong customer and quality focus
• Have been successful in working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions to complex technical issues
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands