Distinguished Engineers are...
- Deep technical experts, senior-level individual contributors and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, helping solve Capital One’s toughest technology challenges, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of millions of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Supporters, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
- Those who gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives
Whether a member of our engineering or architecture teams, Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, candidates should be influential engineering leaders with deep technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. They will significantly impact the Tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
At Capital One, diversity, inclusion and belonging are valued at our core. We empower our associates to do great work by creating an inclusive culture - we call this our Culture of Belonging, and it rests at the heart of our Diversity, and Inclusion & Belonging (DIB) efforts. As this role will serve as a member of our leadership team within Tech Commercialization, and will be responsible for coaching and mentoring our engineers, it is of paramount importance this individual values diverse perspectives, fosters collaboration and encourages innovative ideas - and can create a place where associates of all backgrounds can thrive by bringing their most authentic selves to work.
- Design and develop cutting-edge solutions, using existing and emerging technology platforms
- Use your judgement and logical skills as an active member in determining how our line of business delivers software solutions
- Strike the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others’ ideas can be heard and championed; leverage expertise to grow skills in the broader Capital One team
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the requirements for the transportation, processing and management of large data sets and knowledge of potential cost reduction best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 9 years experience with enterprise software development
- At least 7 years of development experience with Golang, Java, C, or C++
- At least 7 years of experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- 10+ years experience with enterprise software development
- 3+ years of cloud security
- 2+ years of Golang experience
- 2+ years of AWS
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.