Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst/Dev OPS Engineer -Corporate Technology Production Services
As a Corporate Technology Production Services Dev Ops Engineer, you will have a lead role in managing a suite of applications supporting BNY Mellon’s Finance, Risk, Compliance, and Human Resources functions.
- Responsible for managing overall availability, reliability, and defect prevention.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve service disruptions
- Identify, define, and implement required monitoring and automation solutions
- Work closely with developers on continuous integration / continuous delivery solutions
- Conduct root cause analysis for complex production issues
- Lead production readiness reviews for new releases and validate the supportability of changes prior to introduction into production
- Create and maintain support documentation and procedures
- Ability to deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service level commitments
Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst, Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Linux / Windows system administration experience
- Experience in designing and supporting CI / CD solutions
- Java application support and development experience.
- Experience with scripting languages - Python, Perl, bash, and/or PowerShell
- Automated deployment experience using technology such as Ansible.
- Analytic, data driven, and strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with ITIL Service Management.
- Experience with monitoring tools a plus – AppDynamics, DynaTrace, Prometheus, Grafana, Moogsoft or related solutions.