McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.e
We are searching for a VP IT Operations to join our team.
This role is responsible for leading all operational aspects of infrastructure, network operations, asset management, DR/BCP and operational ITSM practices/processes teams in North America. This includes operational partners supporting key services for McKesson. This critical role defines the practices for day to day health and management of the systems in all raised floor space. The teams reporting to this leader deliver and support provisioning, installation, configuration and technical support, related to infrastructure. These teams install, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain servers, software and technologies in delivering full lifecycle management. This role will work closely with ISRM and Compliance organizations within McKesson as teams participate in security and patch management. Maintaining standardized processes with appropriate run books and documentation for all supported technologies, including those in partnership with other 3rd party support partners. Maintaining Operational Excellence standards and metrics is a key responsibility of this role for McKesson Technology scorecards. The Global ITIL team reporting to this role sets the standards for all that is Incident, Problem, Change, RCA, and Change Management in accordance with McKesson’s Operational Excellence policies.
This position is expected to maintain appropriate strategies for all deployed assets through a thorough and complete Asset inventory in adherence to ITIL processes, governing request, incident, change, and configuration management, thereby creating the master system of record for IT.
This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated server systems administration acumen, plus a superior, service-oriented approach. This role will participate in the delivery of 24x7 on-call support for business-critical systems.
This individual will have a proven track record in supporting a broad set of systems and infrastructure knowledge, and be capable of identifying gaps in the delivery of all operational services, and creating mitigations for them.
This role is critical in ensuring end to end DR and BCP practices exist and are exercised with a cadence to meet all regulatory and business best practices.
- Responsible for North America platform operations: Pharms, PS&S, Canada, MMS including data center operations, Azure and GCP. This also includes IT Service Management of our ServiceNow, Remedy and Remedy Force environments, global operations (major incidents, problem, RCA and change request management, MIR3 communications). Manage our operations partner, Atos, as well as Canada and USON operations teams.
- Responsible for all CAB (Change Advisory Board) governance, participation and controls to IA. Owns the support matrix for what is Network Operations support, Server and storage administration, backups, restores, and compute.
- Lead the Operational Excellence governance in Change Management, Incident, and Problem as well as RCAs. This governance is based on a daily operational call (DOM) which requires leaders to discuss openly outages (Severity 1 – business impact) that occurred in the previous day as well as severity 2 level incidents that require immediate attention.
- Provisions compute for on-prem hardware and storage as well as public cloud platforms.
- Owns the support matrix for what is Network Operations support, Server and storage administration, backups, restores, and compute.
- Support data center transformational initiatives as McKesson Tech moves away from on-premise hardware to public cloud platforms.
- Manage the operational support models for private and public cloud platforms; these production acceptance models are critical for application development to process their change requests to move to production.
- Responsible for IT Service and Operations management within ServiceNow. Infrastructure monitoring, events and alerts with Atos tooling as well as USON and Canada tooling.
- Responsible for Operational Health check scorecards that provide details to CIOs as well as metrics for all hardware, storage and compute running their applications.
- Responsible for all that is compliance (patching and security agents) for on-prem hardware as well as virtual and public cloud platforms.
- Develop and maintain critical Asset Management policy, practices and functional excellence in the management of all IT assets
- Establish and maintain DR and BCP policies, practices and functionally exercise plans accordingly.
Typically requires 12+ years of professional experience and 4+ years of management experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading technology teams
- Required personal hands-on experience with all operational activity of the role
- Tools and Automation Expertise – Experience with ServiceNow and Tableau preferred
- Experience with Data center operations
- Experience with Organizational Planning and development
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Asset Management expertise
- Budget management and financial acumen – TCO and ROI
- Experience with managing OSWs and vendor relations
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of public cloud environments preferred (Azure, GCP, AWS)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.